Delivery & Installation
Unlike many appliance retailers, our professional in-home delivery and Installation services are performed by Young's factory-trained staff to ensure quality workmanship and excellent service at the lowest price. Our delivery team members possess the character traits of honesty, integrity and reliability which are the core values our company was founded upon. Delivery and installation is available in DuPage County and the Chicago Metropolitan area. Additional delivery areas may be available upon request.
Standard delivery is FREE. Young's will bring the appliance to your location boxed or shrink wrapped and placed in your garage or first floor storage location. Access to these locations must allow delivery through doors or openings without removal of cartons or doors. Installation will be the responsibility of the purchaser and all conditions of warranty begin once the delivery team has left the premises.
This delivery type is used for heavy and oversized items. This service includes normal delivery within the first floor of your home plus uncrating, setting your goods in place, normal installation, removing the packing material and recycling of old appliances if required. This service does not include custom built-in installations of any type.
- In preparation for your delivery Young's Appliances only asks that we have a clear pathway and full access to the delivery location. Any debris, snow, or ice should be cleared for our men to work safely and provide you with the best delivery. We will do the rest. Young's Appliances complies with all OSHA rules for safety.
- You should expect a phone call the evening before your delivery. For Thursday deliveries we will call on Tuesday evening and for Monday deliveries we will call on Saturday evening. We will leave a message with the 3 hour window that we expect to do your delivery. If there is a conflict we ask that you call us at your earliest convenience so we can try to make other arrangements. In some cases we can call you at your place of work or on your cell phone prior to our arrival so you can meet us at your home. We will call when we are in route to your delivery to ensure that you or a responsible person of legal age is at home to receive the delivery.
- All appliances require some installation and Young's Appliances expects to provide normal installation. Normal installation means that the removal and re-installation of the new appliances can be done with standard connections provided, and that all utilities associated with the home are in working order and comply with local codes. The homeowner is responsible for any costs for corrections or improvements in these situations. In many cases Young's can provide solutions at the time of delivery, or we may suggest a qualified professional to make the necessary changes.
- Young's Appliances expects our customers to inspect the appliances once installed or placed in the home and note in writing on the delivery document any problems with delivery or the appliance. Inspect the boxes of boxed items for punctures or abuse. If you suspect the product is damaged as a result, ask our team to open the carton so a complete inspection for concealed damage can be done. Once inspected and signed for on the delivery document, the homeowner assumes ownership of the appliance and accepts the terms and conditions of the manufacturer's warranty. Once the delivery team has left the premises all warranties are in effect.
Installations Within The Chicagoland Area
Young's Appliances is pleased to offer installations to our customers who live within our delivery area (the Chicago area market). Our local installation prices include the parts that are not provided by the manufacturer. Custom installation is also available. Please contact a Young's Appliances sales representative for more information.
Please note that most appliances come with a power cord and can be used simply by plugging them in. However, some appliances do not come with parts needed for normal installations. Below is a general guideline to follow on major appliances:
Electric Ranges & Gas Dryers
Since wall sockets vary (from home to home) all electric ranges and dryers are built and shipped without an attached electric cord. Young's Appliances has most electrical connectors available.
Gas Ranges & Gas Dryers
Gas appliances are shipped without connecting gas lines. Young's Appliances provides a stainless steel gas connector that fits most home connections and installs it at the time of delivery provided the home has a working valve or shutoff.
Washing Machines (Washers)
Water hoses are included with all of the washing machines we carry. For a nominal cost, you can purchase stainless steel or reinforced water hoses from Young's. Drain hoses are supplied by the manufacturer at a length of 3 to 4 feet. Extension drain hoses are available for an extra cost and carried on the delivery trucks.
Refrigerators that come with automatic icemakers or water dispensers need to have the water lines hooked up. If the water line is in place and meets local codes, Young's Appliances will connect your new refrigerator at no additional charge. To have the lines installed, you can purchase them at a hardware store and install yourself, or you can arrange installation from Young's Appliances at an additional cost. Please note that the water line should be copper.
Installation cost is part of the delivery and includes a new high pressure water connector and drain. Minimum height of the opening must be 34" from floor to bottom of counter. All local plumbing and electrical codes must be in compliance for Young's Appliances to perform a normal installation. Any corrections required to comply with local codes will be the responsibility of the homeowner at additional cost.
Appliances that are going to be "built-in" to your home will require installation, which is not part of standard or premium delivery. Young's Appliances can provide these services at competitive prices with professionally trained installers and contractors. In some cases your builder or remodeling contractor can provide this in their scope of work. Young's Appliances will provide you or your contractor with all of the specific details they will need to complete those installations. Since custom installation varies from project to project and type of built-in appliance, Young's will provide at no charge a site inspection to estimate costs. This is especially important with replacement installations as built-ins generally do not have common dimensions.
If you live in or around Chicago and would like to pick up your order directly from our store, simply choose "In-store Pickup" from the drop down menu (on the checkout page that asks you to choose a shipping method) and hit the update button. There is no shipping charge when you select this method. To ensure the security of your online purchases, only the person who made the purchase may pick up merchandise at the store. Bring a printed copy of your receipt along with your credit card (that was used in the online transaction) and a photo ID to the merchandise pickup area of the store once you receive notification that it is ready for pickup (via an email).
- Delivery time frames are approximations. If there are delays, we will do our best to let you know.
- Please note orders less than 1lb may be shipped via USPS. Depending upon the product destination delivery time frames will vary.
- Young's Appliances does not ship to Post Office (PO) boxes.
- We can ship products weighing 25 lbs or less to APO/FPO addresses. You must call to get a price quote on delivery for this service.
- Additional charges may be added for freight services if the statement below applies:
You live outside of our local delivery area and you want a specific delivery time or a delivery on a weekend. Installations as built-ins generally do not have common dimensions.
Found A Better Price?
At Young's Appliances, we strive to give our customers the best service and pricing available anywhere. If you find a better price on any product at another authorized retailer, we will try to match that price. Simply contact our sales staff at 1-630-469-2288 or email us and provide us with the document with the published price prior to your delivery.
- Complete competitor's price is subject to matching (including any shipping and handling charges).
- Manufacturer instant rebates or package bundles are not eligible for price matching, as these promotions are available to new purchases only- within the specified promotional time frame. These special offers will not be honored outside of their promotional periods.
Sales tax on purchases from Young's Appliances is collected in the following states:
- Illinois - 8.25%
- Wisconsin - county sales tax determined by delivery point (5%-6.1%)
- Indiana - 7%
- Michigan - 6%
We collect taxes for these states since we deliver to them on a regular basis. Our shopping cart automatically calculates the appropriate taxes during the checkout process. Young's Appliances is not required to collect sales tax on orders delivered outside of these states. You may be required to remit sales tax to your local taxing authority.
Do I Owe Illinois Use Tax?
You owe Illinois Use Tax if you purchase an item:
For use or consumption in Illinois, from an out-of-state retailer who charges no Illinois Sales Tax or charges sales tax at a rate lower than the Illinois rate, an on which sales tax would normally be collected if you bought it from a retailer in Illinois.
Purchases from an internet site that does not charge Illinois Sales Tax; catalog purchases from an out-of-state retailer who does not charge Illinois Sales Tax; purchases through an out-of-state home shopping television network that does not charge Illinois Sales Tax; and items purchased while you were in another state from a retailer who charged sales tax at a lower rate than the Illinois rate or in a foreign country.
Tangible personal property installed in home.
For your protection, Young's Appliances does not recommend the purchase of high end gourmet appliances through the internet.
We strongly advise due to the complex nature of many of the high end and built-in appliances such as Sub-Zero, Viking, Monogram, Thermador, Wolf among others, that you contact Young's Appliances where these brands are displayed with trained experts to discuss the details and complexities of replacement or installation. Young's Appliances will even come out or send a trained installer to do a site inspection, prior to the sale at no charge, to ensure a proper fit and that utilities are in place.
Should you purchase appliances from an "online" retailer, any problems or damages that arise must be resolved with your online selling agent. This can result in far less than historic or intended consumer satisfaction you would expect. Research shows that consumers who purchase luxury appliances from "online" retailers frequently report an unsatisfactory experience because online retailers are unable or unwilling to provide any assistance with shipping damage or issues involving improper installation. The degree of dissatisfaction notably increased the farther away the end-user is located from the online retailer.
Note: Manufacturer's warranties do not cover freight damages caused by improper handling or damage caused by incorrect installation.
Our web site does not display pricing on select high end appliances or brands because of restrictions set by the manufacturer or distributor. To obtain prices for these products please call Young's Appliances and one of our knowledgeable sales associates will be happy to assist you.